Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Dear Ava, Avi, Ben, Bennie, Edith, Emma, Emily, Harvey, Luke,
Miriam, Nathan, Nafees, and Teddy,

Hope you all had some fun in the snow which lasted for a short period of time. I went for a walk in the big woods as it gives me an environment to connect with you all when I pass by our favorite spots. Last week, I started reading a book that I brought from our teacher's library and the first chapter is "helping children deal with their feelings".  I thought I will share the important anecdotes with your parents as they are great tips to support you all. In a nut shell,

TO HELP WITH FEELINGS

  1. Listen with full attention.
  2. Acknowledge their feelings with a word such as "Oh," "MMM", "I see"
  3. Give their feelings a name.
  4. Give them their wishes in fantasy.















I am looking forward to hear your feedback and suggestions as I intend to continue my blog with more anecdotes from this book.  Have a wonderful day 💗


2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

It was so nice to see you at circle time today! I thought it would be fun to give you some more owl related items. Below please find an O...